Friday, February 6, 2009

Expect the Unexpected


Amanda challenged her blog friends to post the 8th picture from their 8th file. My 8th file only had four pictures, so I chose the last one in the file. This is the picture of Pam minutes away from having Owen her very unexpected. I still remember the night before Pam found out she was pregnant. She was multiple weeks into her pregnancy (AROUND 17 WEEKS). Correct me Pam if I am way off. She had spoken with Judy, her midwife, and was concerned that something wasn't quite right. Judy told her if she wasn't pregnant then she would be very concerned. That night Pam and I laughed about all the logistics about four kiddos. Like plane tickets and traveling, car seats, how old Thomas would be, vasectomies, lack of maternity clothes, etc. The next morning when she verified that she was indeed pregnant, I know I was thinking the night before we should have been talking about tiny toes, lots of cuddles, and the joys of motherhood. Owen is almost ONE now and how complete he makes their family. Thanks Pam for being a wonderful example of a great MOM and always expect the unexpected!

No comments: