Thursday, June 18, 2009

There's No Place Like Home

Thank you Harris family for making this weekend possible!
You will always be our adopted family!
Darlene, Me and Rach

Isabel, Hannah and Mayah

Isabel and Alese

Isabel and Hannah

Mayah and Nana Darlene

Rob and Tim
There is no place like home, but when you are with such good friends like the Harris family it brings you a lot closer to the place you know of as home. We had a wonderful refreshing visit with our Alaskan friends in Seattle. The memories flood back when you reconnect with close friends. For example, the dark and very snowy night where my wonderful friend and neighbor, Darlene, drove me into Anchorage to have our precious little Alese with no husband in sight. I don't know if it just the people in Alaska or just the time we were there that developed these deep friendships and family bonds, but they are missed!

6 comments:

Liane said...

Super cute pics and huge smiles! How fun!!

Sarah said...

Looks like fun! I can't beleive how much Alese has changed... can't wait to see her!

Anna said...

cute pics. sounds like you had a great time, that's awesome!

thefrommfam said...

Seeing pictures of Mayah makes me want to see her in my classroom on Monday. Hope all is going well. Tell the girls I said hi.

Pam said...

Too fun! Great pics...

Autee said...

We miss you too! Even now, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not getting to know you more BEFORE you left!